YIN - LUNAR FLOW - RESTORATIVE - MEDITATION
TEACHER TRAINING and in-depth study
with Govind Das | 50 Hour Module
June 3 - July 2, 2017
Saturday's & Sunday's: 12:30pm-5:30pm | 50 Hours • 5 Weekends
This 50 Hour Module is apart of the BYS 200 Hour Training:
50 Hours: Yin - Lunar Flow - Restorative Teacher Training
50 Hours: Kirtan Training
100 Hours: BYS Bhakti Vinyasa Teacher Training
TO REGISTER FOR THIS TRAINING PLEASE EMAIL: GOVINDAS72@MAC.COM
The Bhakti Yoga Shala YIN - LUNAR FLOW - RESTORATIVE - MEDITATION Teacher Training is a rich, heart opening, and soulful Teacher Training program for aspiring and current teachers and serious yet playful students of yoga.
This 50 Hour unique and uplifting Teacher Training module will focus on the meditative, grounding, and healing practices of Yin, Slow Lunar Flow, and Restorative Yoga AND seated meditation.
As well in honoring the ancient tradition and art of Bhakti, the path of love, devotion and service, this course will provide a strong foundation and clear techniques for the student of yoga to transform into a teacher of yoga. As well those that are currently teaching yoga will root themselves deeply in the philosophy and techniques of Bhakti.
Govind Das has taught over 15,000 yoga classes over the past 20 years and has been practicing daily meditation for 28 years. He will share these deeply potent Lunar practices to help unwind stress & tension, and release the pressure and anxiety that commonly come with fast paced modern day life. It is well know that stress and tension play a major role in disease manifestation.
These Yin style practices are a powerful medicine to help us slow down and let go into a profound state of cosmic of relaxation, insight and stillness. While softening into the asanas, GOVIND DAS will guide participants through the doorway of the heart, where the divine spark lives within.
The participant in the training will be supported in their own evolution as a spiritual guide/leader and in cultivating his/her ability to share their own unique voice and wisdom with others. In the spirit of service to humanity, the participant will be encouraged to offer themselves as a healing and uplifting presence to the world.
This heart-based joyful program offers an opportunity for students to deepen their own bhakti-based yoga Lunar style practice, practice teaching yoga classes, lead chants, study philosophy and share the blessings of yoga and satsang in a very loving and supportive atmosphere.
TOPICS OF STUDY:
* Yin yoga(simple yoga asanas that are held from 2-5 minutes)
* Slow Lunar Flow asana(commonly described as Yinyasa)
* Moon Salutations(Chandra Namaskar)
* Restorative Yoga Poses and the use of Props
* The art of Yin, Lunar Flow, and Restorative sequencing
* The art, practice, and teaching of seated meditation(mindfulness meditation & japa mantra meditation)
* Pranayama(Yogic breathing techniques)
* How to teach (and practice teaching) a Yin, Slow Flow, Restorative yoga class in a heart opening and uplifting vibration
* Music playlists for a Lunar style practice
* How to integrate bhakti, mantra, and philosophy into a yoga class
* Meanings of mantras and a deeper exploration of the Gods/Goddesses from the bhakti tradition
* Study of the sacred teachings/texts: Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana, Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
* Study of the lives and teachings of the great yogic saints and masters
* The integration of yoga and business/yoga teacher as right livelihood
*** As you can see from above, there is a tremedous amount of topics/wisdom that will be covered. We will be taking a deep yogic journey into the body, mind and heart together.***
• Please only serious students apply, the participant will have weekly homework, reading, writing, self-practice and exploration.
• All of this will be a practice of your own dedication and devotion.
• It is our firm belief that great students become great teachers!!!
This is what we want for you!! Our planet needs you right now...